The Waiting Game

Drumming fingers. .  . in or out . . . whatever. Last Quilt National I had such hope. I thought I had a stellar piece I had put a lot of time and effort into it, done a lot of stitching and and got a big fat NO!

I felt really bad and a bit surly. But as time has gone on I realize I am not part of the Crow party. Nor do I want to be.

I'd rather do my own thing, make my own discoveries and make my own art. I don't need my hand held, I don't need to be guided or given timed exercises, I don't need tough love. I don't need to be told to work in a series or to make it bigger, etc. I went to art school, I have the diploma, thanks. I just need to make art.

I think that was the year I won the grand prize at Best of Ohio, with the reject. Tee-hee-hee. Best of Ohio represents all kinds of craft; jewelry, wood working, ceramics, glass, fiber. It is more of a feat to win there (just getting in is great.)

Picture of my grandmother, taken by me, scanned, photoshopped, printed on fabric. stitched. It was my first whole cloth piece. Love it or not, it made me happy.

Comments

Popular Posts