What's Next

My brother Mickey, taken when I was in Cooper School of Art. I took a lot of photos, well relatively, I couldn't afford a lot of film so I was pretty careful it was things I could use for school projects. I had a darkroom and could develop film and print photos fairly large. I still have the darkroom enlarger and equipment stored at my brothers barn. I have lots of developed negatives but purchasing photo paper and chemicals might be a problem.
 I shall start putting this together and figure out what kind of hand stitching I might do. I was thinking pretty minimal but that's a beginning idea since I really like the hand stuff. The yard is cleared of leaves and debris, the vegetable plot is cleaned up and I even hung Christmas lights up. I won't turn them on until December, I don't need to support the electric company that much. I signed up for a home energy audit. It takes 3 to 4 hours and they tell you how much insulation and where you need it. And you get discounts on the insulation. I'm all for cheaper energy bills. When I was a kid the electric company put a "demand" meter on our house. When we went over a certain wattage the company would up the rate. My dad investigated as to what was up with the extra meter and found out. From then on when my mother would dry clothes, iron, bake or whatever one of us kids were stationed at the meter, if it went over the "limit" we would have to run and report it. We soon had a gas stove, furnace, dryer and water heater. And the demand meter was removed. Remember back in the day when you had rubbish burners? Just stuff the thing full of combustible and press the button, up in smoke!

Comments

Popular Posts