Spring Has Sprung?

Ok, after my tiny whine about not having a rough winter look what has sprung up in my yard. These I knew about because I planted them. But I am finding what look to be daffodils scattered about also.

Years ago I got home from work and my mother was waiting, she had dinner on the table and told me to hurry up, change and eat because she wanted to go to the garden center before it closed to pick something up. She was so excited but she wouldn't tell me what she bought, only that it was the only one they had. What she bought was a garden ornament shaped like a gazing ball on a column, only it was made out of cement and said "I don't remember planting this" It was her pride and joy. it was heavy and every year I had to move it onto our covered patio for the winter. Now it is in my front garden standing over a patch of bulbs I planted. I figured well, she won't remember planting THESE! Here's to you Mom! Thanks for all the sewing, cooking and gardening lessons.

Comments

Popular Posts