I've Been Working

I have been making weekly visits to the local Wound Care Center and now have a wound vac attached to my foot. It's been a rough process. It seems to be working. Hopefully it will finally heal up but I may never be able to to take daly walks or mow my lawn.

But the good news is I can still sew! And I have been. Our critique group The Tens is having an exhibit in December at St Pauls Episcopal church. And Textile Art Alliance is having a member show at Ursuline College in December also.

I have been working on several pieces about Dementia.














This is called Kiss Me Once Before You Go, Long Enough to Last Forever. The story of my grandparents celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary but my grandfather
was suffering from dementia and longer recognized his wife.

Despite all my measuring the top came out pretty wonky. I added a lot of hand stitched "kisses" to make use of the "problem." I think it makes it better.

Comments

Popular Posts