3D?

My fascination with transparency continues. This piece comes from a photo I saw in an art book. It was actually an image that was overprinted twice in different sizes. I decided to try it with a chiffon print which is transparent but unless you put some distance between the prints it doesn't show much so I decided to split the image. I wasn't sure I got all the way there but people were intrigued by the prospect of it being 3D. I am calling it Lenticular Dad.

I did a quick bubble pattern on the background. Not technically perfect but I wasn't in the mood for perfection, I just wanted to see the results. I thought it through for 2 months before I tackled it. Stitching it on to white fabric with a paper backing then adding paper inserts between the layers so I could get a scissors between the layers to cut them. Hmmm.










Onto the next project a print on cotton gauze. This comes in a 56" width so I was able make the print on a yard of fabric, it printed a little dark and I was puzzling over what color to paint it when I went to an exhibition of asian inspired quilts and dolls by my friend Martha Young. I saw the golden yellow in one of quilts and knew the Ponies wanted to be yellow. Now I wonder what else they want to be. Stay tuned.

Comments

Popular Posts