Really Trapped!

Yeah, diabetes sucks! If you get a sore on the bottom of your foot it is hell trying to get it to heal. So after a month of bandage daily changes antibiotics and an ultrasound of my veins (things are flowing well, thank you) it was decided to cast it so I am not stepping on it.

Ever try to operate your sewing machine with your left foot? Mr. Left does not know when to quit pushing. Evidently he is slow to comprehend Mr. Brain. And Mr Right cannot stop trying to press down on the pedal. LOL They will figure it out eventually.

To keep myself amused I went to JoAnns while I could still drive and invested in some fabric for a new piece, Sarah my great grandmother on my paternal side. I know she was Irish, Sarah McLaughlin Irwin, she lived in Pennsylvania.

I will stitch her down and the trim off the white (unprinted) part of the fabric. I am imagining light brown, copper and gold in the hair. But you never know. She printed out well, I had to add dress and lace on the bottom of the photo as she was in an oval frame.









Fred W II is finished, this was the print on cotton, I added bits of lace in his beard and along the hair line. It's pretty much experimenting at this point. I enjoy messing with techniques and finding a new path along the art trail.

I colored some of the
fabric with Inktense pencils and sponged them down with a bit of water, it looks like a hand colored old photo.


Comments

Popular Posts