Busy July

Yup, July was busy. Don't know why but it seems like a lot was going on. I did finish this piece which was pretty quick. It's not real large. 33" wide x 21" high, for me that's small.








Then I did a piece that has been hanging around for quite a while. I had it printed and then lost interest. I was looking around for something to work on while I was having pieces printed and found it. Hung it on the design board and voila and idea popped up! And it grew from there. I need to photograph it but it is done, it's a slightly larger piece.  Just proves, don't give up, someday the idea will come. Here is the photo on the right, the finished quilt is a bit different, I call it Great Uncle Harry's Great Overcoat. It's a photo from the flea market, he must have been very proud of the overcoat, having a photo taken in it.









And the piece I was having printed is from a photo I took in the 1970's. I always liked the photo though no one else got it. It's about centrifugal force. It will have stitching that concentric. It's proving to be a bit of a puzzle doing the stitching but I like something that is a challenge.
 Of course I could not help myself and it is quite large. At least 72" tall. What was I thinking? Probably that this will be really cool if it is large and coming at you.

Comments

Popular Posts