August musings


First of all, here is the commission piece that went out the beginning of June. It occupied most of the winter months. I'm really proud of it, it was large with a big idea behind it. It took 3 days of writing and polishing to write the artist statement. Of course it was not my usual 3 sentence artist statement, more like 4 or 5 paragraphs which is very long for an artist statement. When I write statements I keep them short and sweet. If they are going in a catalog they need to be simple and short. I always say more room for the art which is what people buy a catalog for.

After finishing this I moved on to pieces for Fiber Art International, Quilt National and Focus: Fiber. Fortunately the Focus: Fiber deadline is far enough after FAI and QN to use the rejects. I'll probably have 6 rejects! Just saying, anytime the jury is by committee it is a good chance you will not get in.

Here is Great Uncle Harry's Great Overcoat. I think I will have to reshoot this. It looks a bit wonky and I know it is square. But you get the idea.












Right now Rosie in Roses is under the needle, hope to have it done by the end of august. She is going well.


Comments

Popular Posts