Backs

A lot of quilters don't like quilts made from photos. They feel it doesn't reflect the past of quilts, no patchwork. I've put patchwork on some pieces, mostly it bores me unless it refers to the image. And I have to admit I'm not good at making patchwork. I'm just not interested in lining up seams, etc. I guess I spent my work life lining up things, especially when I did magazines, making sure columns of type were aligned, I was good at it and I was speedy. Not interested in doing it now. But sometimes I sneak some patchwork or cloth on the back of the quilt. I find the backs as interesting as the fronts, sometimes even more so. I usually use white muslin as the back, you can see the photo coming out in the stitching. I put pieces of fabric on the back of this to refer to the era and the kitchen in the photo, a fun surprise for the back.


The blue fabric is from an old tablecloth from the fifties, I can't find anything conquerable now. It reminds me of windmill cookies which we rarely had, my mother made cookies, she didn't buy them.

Look someone is out of bed. Well really he is just back from a walk around the block, headed back to bed to warm up. It's still cold out. 35°F. Snow tonight. Woohoo!

Comments

Popular Posts