Tis Spring!

because the rhubarb is up!!!

Actually my patch has really filled in and is going to be ready to harvest in another week.

I am thinking rhubarb sauce, I cook down the stalks with a lot of sugar and throw in a can of pineapple, chunks usually. It's really good with roast beef. Sort of like cranberry sauce. Also good on toast or just in a sauce dish.

I need to work up the garden with the rototiller and add some sand to loosen up the soil, I went out with a hoe and it was as hard as a rock! But the weeds are having no trouble breaking through. Sigh.

Back to Father Sanson's El Salvador quilt. I hope to finish it this week.

I was invited to participate in a group show at the Tri-C College Gallery next January with a group of local artists. I am thinking my Quilt National rejects will be part of my contribution but then I was thinking there are probably vitrines and I could do some "affirmation balls". Ginny Smith taught us this at an AQN meeting. Mine is the small blue one which I embellished with a photo of my aunt as a child. It has an affirmation buried inside it. I plan on affirmations about being creative and happy. Then I will have to make a cloth bowl as a container. Anything to push the creativity.

Comments

Popular Posts