Something deconstructed




I bought this piece last summer at QSDS from St Theresa's Textile Trove. It's one of those things that is so ugly that only a mother could love it. But somehow it called to me and has sat percolating in the back of my mind until 2 weeks ago when it started yelling look at me, look at me! Then the ideas started to flow.
So after some contemplation the background became a batik that will be embellished with sequins and stars. The floor is a workmanlike denim. The food will be fast food. Since I plan to title this 21st Century Last Supper and Jesus was a working man (carpenter by trade and the apostles fisherman and such) if they lived now and gathered they would be munching hamburgers, fries and pepsi's. The message would be the same though.

Comments

Popular Posts