OK, where was I?

Dang! Too much time has gone by, but it is leaf season and my big oak tree is shedding and I try to keep up. I spread an old double bed sheet on my deck and dump my lawn mower bag on it and haul it out to the tree lawn. I can pretty much get the whole back yard on it and thank God leaves aren't heavy. I am like a kid in the candy store when the city sucks them up. Much better than 4 hours of mowing and emptying the big blower bags on our towering mulch pile that we never used. I'll take a 1/4 acre over 2 and 1/4 any day. Enough to fuss with but not kill yourself. The garden is cleaned up and Skittles contributed several bins of manure. After it gets some serious snow on it and melds into the ground the veggies are going to love it. My front flower bed is full of strawberries from the 3 plants I planted  2 years ago. Hopefully the chipmunks will share with me. I don't mind them having some but they eat half and leave it.
I was at the Art Quilt Network retreat last week. Talks about technology, demos on different surface design techniques and show and tell. Catching up with old friends and making new. I roomed with Mary Bartrop and we became fast friends. So much in common. If you think you would like to join or find out what AQN is about leave me a message. They have room for new members.
At the left is the fabulous Debbie demoing markers and alcohol on silk scarves.
Someone is still giving me the stink eye from being boarded with the vet. But she is loving cooler weather which calms her allergies down. The first snow will have her rolling and laying in it.
On the other hand we had a light covering of snow at the barn and my hot house flower of a horse was just a wee bit miffed. Like "What! Whoa!!!"
Her friend Willy told her to get over it, there's grass underneath. Come to think of it, I've owned her since she was 8, she's 23 now and I only put her out in snow once and she stood by the door until I let her back in.
Here is my latest project on the design board. More to come on this. I need to photograph a few things for show entries.
Artist as Quiltmaker is due December 6. www.aqmfava.org
Time flys.
But I was having fun!

And my new website is done, now I have to figure out how to upload it. Lots of new work!

Comments

Popular Posts