Uncle Jim and a Big Fish

This is a photo of my great uncle EJ (Jim) Tranter. He was the owner of Fasig-Tipton, the auction house of many famous race horses back in the 20s and 30s. This was in Saratoga New York. But Jim and my Aunt Kitty also lived in New York City and Fort Lauderdale. This was taken in Fort Lauderdale, and it was a record wahoo catch.
I love the fact that he was fishing from a boat with neck tie and dress shoes that would not happen today. From the photos I have found fishing was popular and I think Uncle Jim also golfed. Uncle Jim died before I was around but I remember my Aunt Kitty visiting and the fun she was. I wish I would have been old enough to ask about her family history but I was in grade school and those thoughts didn't enter my little head back then.
I am in the middle of beading the fish.

Comments

  1. Hot damn...you have done it again...beautiful memory of a wonderful man. Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts