I know you think you just take handful and chow down, but there is a way to eat snow for the maximum enjoyment.
1. Snow should be fresh, fluffy is best and belly high is the ultimate. Of course my belly is maybe 3 inches off the ground, but never mind that.
2. DO NOT EAT YELLOW SNOW! You shouldn't have to ask why. Any shade other than white is unacceptable.
3. Wade into the snow and sniff the air.
4. Push your face into the snow until your eyes are covered.
5. On the way up take a giant mouthful.
7. Repeat until your owner calls you in.
Then there is the eat-while-you-lay-in-the-snow method. Oops, Mom's coming, I tell in my next post.