Summer 2011


Ah, summer! Soon the pasture will be done and someone will be able to go swat flies as she eats grass. Note the studio assistant in the background.
I rode Miss Skittles last Tuesday. We both survived. She was a tad on the  "Oooohhhh, I could just throw a good buck in here" mode. Of course she hadn't been turned out for a while to run and I didn't lunge her. Dyna sat quietly watching until I stopped in the middle of the arena, which is her cue to run out and look at me as if to say, "Are you done? I think you should quit. Let's go home. Ok? Are there cookies here?"
Here is one end of the church garden. In the middle are 98 pumpkin plants. Can you say pie? And off to the right are 50 4 x 8 garden plots for parishioners. All planted and being tended. We are in the zucchini picking mode already. These week I picked up a flat of cabbage, a flat of sweet potatoes and 3 flats of onions. All going to be pitched by the greenhouse because they need to be planted and sales have slowed. We are glad to plant them, they will be part of the free community suppers we (and several other churches) have at the end of the month. It's a great effort to feed the hungry and that is our garden committee's goal.
And I have been working on several projects including the piece to the right, so far being called Dirty Toad or Toady. I am sure the name will change as I start the stitching.
I also made some flannel blankets for my nephew's baby, due in August, a great aunt (again) if I do say so.
And I have ordered another piece to be printed by Spoonflower. a great print of my dad.
And one last piece of good news, I will have a piece in the Focus: Fiber exhibit at the end of the year. It will be held at the Canton Museum of Art opening in December. It is a regional show hosted by Textile Art Alliance, an affiliate group of The Cleveland Museum of Art. I have been busy coordinating the entries and will begin to put the catalog together this week.

Comments

Popular Posts