Where is Spring?

This is not pretty. The ground is frozen, but poking their little heads up is the undauntable rhubarb! Once the weather warms a little they will burst forth with huge leaves and red stalks of fruit. A fruit not for the timid. I stew it down with lots of sugar and chunks of pineapple for a wonderful sauce that goes well with meat or piled on a fresh slice of bread. Then there is rhubarb pie and rhubarb crumble. Mmmmm!
Tomato, basil and oregano seeds were planted and placed in a sunny window. I also cleaned up and planted the geraniums my mother has overwintered for years. A little tribute to her memory!
I have ordered some screen printing ink and acrylic paint in the hope that it will warm up enough not to freeze on it's way here.
Some jello printing is in the works!
So come on spring, we are waiting!!!

Comments

  1. I wouldn't have known what that was if you hadn't told me - strange plant!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts