Baby Clothes


My friend Gayle Pritchard ( gaylepritchard.blogspot.com ) makes the cutest baby clothes.
The dresses and overalls are her own design and she has an etsy shop . My friend Julie is expecting a baby girl in December and inspired by Gayle, I decided to get a pattern and some fabric and make baby Lily a handmade baby outfit. Simple I thought, I used to sew my own clothes all the time. Just a few short seams. And I thought I picked an easy pattern! Gayle you have the patience of Job! But I did get it done in time for the shower where it was admired by all. No one has the time to sew anymore. She did get a beautiful handmade afgan, but I am not touching needles and yarn, thank you very much. 
Now I am going to purge a few more cubbyholes of all the junk I have accumulated, there is stuff in there that hasn't seen the light of day for 40 years. I think I can live with out most of it. And then I have a new photo I had printed at Staples, four 24 x 36 panels. Yep, back to a big piece. I can't wait to start it!

Comments

  1. Love this little creation, Mary Anne, and am honored that Magic Baby designs inspired you. Now, can't wait to see your next new piece : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I followed the link from Gayle's blog to yours and glad I did. I love your mixed media and textile work

    Have a lovely weekend

    Carolyn ♥
    LOVE STITCHING RED

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts