Sunday, September 27, 2009

Finishing It Off

  I found some bits of painted lace which I added around the mirror. Also had some "homepun" type fabrics that became "patches". Glued down the xerox photo with gel medium. This is actually four 11 x 17 pieces of paper.

I decided to square it up a bit, it just wanted to be squarer. What can I say. I also stitched around the mirror part and around the man. For some reason it kept breaking the thread, I guess it was a bit tougher than I thought which is funny because I can stitch through the built up areas where I used modeling paste with ease. Next post I will give you a close up with some of the stitching. I titled it Through The Mirror Darkly. Finished size 35" H x 29" w.

2 comments:

  1. How interesting to see. I must have missed something, as I didn't see how you made the "mirror" section. As always, love hearing about the process, and seeing things as they develop. Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gayle, I had a piece of bubble organza I stained with brown acrylic ink that I then gel mediumed over the portrait. I think I called the organza tulle at some point but I think it is organza, whatever JoAnns was calling it. I think this turned out pretty neat, myself.
    Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete