Sooo,

 I am in a holding pattern waiting for my endocrinologist to send paperwork to the specialty shoe people to release my shoes and foot supports. Really, he's a good guy but his support staff sucks big time. They needed 20 minutes to make a copy. And I had waited 45 minutes to be seen while the doc was making tele-calls. I know he's busy but I did bother to show up and pay $20 for the consultation.

I hate modern medicine, well, maybe I hate all the corporate regulations that hamper it.

On to the good things. Reflecting Pool is in progress. Lots of machine stitching. 







And I am sure there should be some hand stitching, I ordered red silk ribbon so the pond lillys should stick out. 

And I am working on a new artist statement.

My art combines two loves; photography and fiber. The surface is of photography seems hard and flat but when you print a photograph on fabric the element of softness is added. A new world of possibility opens up, you can add color with thread, texture with other fabrics and new patterns with printed fabrics. Throw in additions like zippers, buttons, lace and other supplies and surprising things happen. What looks like one thing from a distance has more revelations on a closer look.         

Comments

Popular Posts