Winter


 










Buttons and beads and lace, oh my!

Add in some sparkly netting, a bunch of free motion stitching and some jingle bells for good measure! What fun! I had to buy more white thread and some bells but not that much. 

When I was a kid one of my tasks was to cut the buttons off any old shirts and add them to my mom's button box. I still haven't used up all the white shirt buttons. at least they are going to good use. Recycling before recycling was a thing. Of course you don't want rags with buttons on them, it wouldn't be good for dusting,. Personally I would rather cut the buttons off than dust. It's the one cleaning chore I detest.


The funny thing is this photo which seems very faded and pale kept showing up in my desk drawer. It isn't something I would pull from an album. But when I finally scanned it in and messed with the contrast I found it very interesting. You just never know where inspiration will come into play.

Comments

Popular Posts