Confessions


Well, the show is down. The librarians said they will miss it. They had a lot of comments, all good. People couldn't believe they were quilts. Mission accomplished. I wanted it to be educational as to what art can be. Don't get stuck on the materials.

Today I am cleaning the house, vacuuming, dusting, etc. I hate to dust so I put on some music for background noise, the classical station. I think they were playing Kitten on the Keys. Really. It didn't make a lot of sense musically. I am more a show tunes, rock and roll type of gal I guess. 

I did like to go the Cleveland Pops concerts when I was in junior and senior high. I loved Henry Mancini. I thought it would be the coolest thing in the world if we were related. Don''t tell Paul MacCartney he thought I was in love with him at the time. 

I was thinking about it and I realized what I loved about the orchestra was watching the musicians. They would be playing but sometimes talking to each other. If they had a rest in the music they would fidget a bit and make comments to their fellow players. Fascinating. I guess I was studying human relations way back then. Before I knew what human relations were about!

And on a final note, Happy Birthday to me. I am entering the seventieth decade! When I was in high school we thought anyone over 35 might as well be dead. Shows how stupid you are in high school!

Comments

Popular Posts