Work, work, work!

I just finished a three day stint of eight hour work days. I can't remember the last time I worked an eight hour day let alone three in a row. I survived! And it's not like its a physical hard job, mostly answering phones, some accounting tasks, book work, etc. I love working at the church, it is very satisfying being able to help people. Our senior pastor Father Bob Sanson retired yesterday after 49 years of priesthood, a wonderful man, gentle and inspiring. He will be missed.

My next project is a piece on my father, Dick (WR) Tipple, we are fighting out the layout of this piece. I was going to use an old suit, shirt and tie but he made me go to the store and buy new suiting material. I did sneak part of the old shirt in. My dad was a sharp dresser with a wardrobe of flowered ties in wild colors, my mother bought them and my dad wore them, in the 70's and 80's before they were in vogue.     

Our show Focus Fiber is coming to an end, we had Jane Sauer come in for a closing reception, lecture, critique workshop and gallery practices seminar. Very informative. The critique workshop was wonderful. Ten of us gathered in a museum classroom to present our work, we talked about our process, intent and future projects. The input from Jane and each other is going to propel each of us to better work. There is something about like-minded people being gathered together that is so uplifting.

If you get the opportunity to participate in a critique workshop or independent study do not be afraid, run toward it! Everyone participated with suggestions, ideas and resources for each other. I think some new friendships were formed as well.

Have a Happy Fourth of July!

Comments

Popular Posts