Rust, bleach, stain, etc

This weekend I took a class at the Morgan Conservatory in Cleveland, The Morgan is a paper making studio but they also support book artists, letterpress and other paper-making-using artists. We are lucky to have them in Cleveland.

Clare Murray Adams was our teacher. Eight of us spent two days playing with paper and rust, incense candles, wood burning tools, bleach, varnish, instant coffee, tea, water colors, etc. We made sample books for ourselves, writing down all our experiments.



These are Sawsan's examples.Did I take pictures of mine? Too busy playing!

But I have my sample book and notes. Lots of playthings for future collages and a few art discoveries. Always fun.

Of course we all took photos of our example books!

A small example of our books.
All of us taking photos!

This was a reward to myself for sending the Focus: Fiber catalog to print at Blurb. Yippee!!

Thanks to my good friend Ruta for all the proofing work.

Since my Quilt National pieces are finished (another yippee) I started ona few commissioned pieces. This is for a friend at church. I am loving the background. I think the fish will need some metallic thread work. For sure.
Now to hope for a sunny day to reshoot the QN photos, I think the color was a bit off and I don't want to mess with the photoshop settings.

Comments

Popular Posts