Blind Date Show

My piece for the Blind Date show is very close to being finished. It needs the binding done, a rod and a label. I am very pleased with this piece.
I was not sure how working in collaboration with another artist was going to work with my thinking and working process but an hour after reading the poem I was given I had a concrete idea. The serendipity is that the poem has a lot to do with the aging process, something I have dealt with and used in my work for the past five years. (I signed up for Medicare this week, so it is really close to home now!)
It will be interesting to meet the writer and get their reaction. Since this is a blind date, neither of us have met. The show opens to the public Friday May 4 from 6 -10 at Translations Gallery in Canton, OH. It will be part of the Friday night Art Walk.

Comments

  1. She is so beautiful...I love the expression and gentleness of her eyes. is it snowing there? We have a wet, heavy blanket of snow ...for spring break. Sunday it is Easter! Stay safe and warm. Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary Helen we got 3 or 4 inches, it's melting as it falls. A pretty snow with all the trees covered. I contracted someone to trim my oak tree. It's huge and never been cleaned out, full of dead stuff. So far the weather is not cooperating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary, I have been trying to visit your website, each time I try I get the same Google Safe Browsing diagnostic:"warning, site contains malware...can infect if you proceed"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will check it out. Right now it doesn't give me that message but I am on a mac. If there is a problem I will contact the host and have it resolved. It looks a little funky right now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts