Spring is springing

To anyone who has left me a comment. Due to software problems I am not able to post comments. But I did read them and I REALLY appreciate them.


The studio assistant and I are enjoying global warming. I have pulled the grass out of the front beds and am cautiously planting a few things. Bleeding hearts, lillies and hollyhocks. I have some peony bushes but I am not sure where I want them yet. Better to ponder that for a few days since they will be permanent. Here is the bare bones photo.


The side also needs more weeding and I need to figure out what the little bushes are. I am going to make this larger and plant strawberries there. I can taste the pie already!


And the back yard really needs help. I have a huge pine that is dying because of red spider infestation. And a a pine that has half of the branches missing on one side that leans towards the neighbors vinyl fence. They are going to go, and then I can clean the yard of all the little branches and acorns. The studio assistant says it's hard for little paws to travel over all of that. Then I have plans for butterfly bushes, a small veg garden and some herbs.


This is the cleaned up version of what I bought. I spent a couple of days cutting back weedy bushes and a ton of old leaves. The neighbors say nothing has been done back here for years. I believe them.


The Conversation is finished and will have to sent to be photographed. It has been a good couple of weeks. I have been juried into Ohio Designer Craftsman Best of 2012 which will open in May at the Ohio Craft Museum and travels around Ohio until November. I was also juried into the Quilt Surface Design Show at the Ross Museum in Delaware, Ohio for May thru July. On Monday they will have the object jury for Artist as Quiltmaker and I will see if I make the final cut. Fingers crossed!


I need to make more pieces. My living room will be down a couple of pieces. Or should I paint a couple of walls first? Naw, quilt some new stuff.

Comments

Popular Posts