A Few Details

I have been told I leave too many gaps. And I think that's true so here are some details.
To the left is our family home at sunrise. I have lived here all my life. In fact across the road is the 98 acre farm where my mother grew up.
It is a large house 5 bedrooms, 3 baths, formal living room, family room, 2 car attached garage and a small barn that fits 2 vehicles and some chickens (we actually had a cow in there at one time.)
When my mom died the house was left to me, unless I didn't want it, in which case we will sell it and divide it between myself and five brothers. Well, as a single person I don't need or want this large house, it's a lot of work and with 2 acres of grass to cut, it's a 2 and half hour ride once or twice a week. So it will be on the market in the spring. Unless I decide to open a B&B. Nope that's not going to happen. So this winter it's Dyna and I are painting and fixing things up. Dyna is moral support. She won't even make me a sandwich because she says she doesn't have opposable thumbs, whatever, she is always good at making me laugh.

Now Skittles the horse, I have owned her for 12 years. I bought her and showed her a little, my niece showed her a little and she is just good fun. She will be 21 years old on January 6, my dad's birthday, which is one of the reasons I bought her. She is a registered quarter horse with very smooth gaits and while she was very petulant when she was younger, she has either mellowed or else we're just used to each other. But if she hasn't been ridden in a while you can throw a saddle on her and go out and have a good ride. She was boarded with good friends, Nancy and Paul, but they sold their farm and she now gets boarded with their daughter, Julie and her horse Willy. She lives about 10 miles away and they are in the middle of building a barn and arena for permanent quarters. Skittles and Willy are in a lean to behind a workshop on Julie's property. It's not that bad, pretty snug, just a little dark, no windows but there are lights. All will be well when the barn and arena get finished, right now there are poles awaiting rafters, walls and a roof. The Amish are coming. I will see if I can get photos, the Amish are not willing to have their picture taken. Right now there is a foot of snow on the ground.

Comments

  1. Gosh, Mary Ann, that is going to be a major life adjustment - moving from the house where you have lived all your life. I've lived in this house since 1986 - the longest I have lived in any one place. I'd give it up in a minute to move to Pacific Grove, CA, but I'll never be able to afford a house there. Guess I'll be here until they carry me out! Thanks for explaining the house situation. Love, Del

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts