What to do on a snowy day



Inspired by Jude Hill's Spirit Cloth and slow stitching; rust stains, embroidery thread, mattress ticking. I have a bunch of these scraps. Some day they may unite into something. In the meantime they are scraps to noodle on while spending time next to mom's bed. Best thing we did was put a recliner next to her hospital bed. Everyone drops in for a visit. Plus we play nature tapes so it is very calming. And then we wonder why she hasn't been out of bed since the Superbowl!

Lots of snow today, 4 to 5" and it is still snowing. At this rate the snow pile will be here until April!
 My mother has no reason to get out of bed. She doesn't want to see snow!

And a big announcement! I will be having a solo show the beginning of April at The Gathering Place in Westlake, Ohio. We are going to hang my Mom quilts on 2 walls, should be fun to see them all together. I think I have a few sleeves and labels to sew on but everything is pretty much already done. I am starting a new series of school photos that won't be ready for awhile, the first one is something like 67" x 69". It will be a bear to ship anywhere. But it wants to be that big, so far anyway, I have been known to snip things down. It's called editing.

Comments

Popular Posts