Parking Lot

 Wow, Spoonflower has really ramped up. I got my fabric in less than a week. Maybe people have backed off sewing. I got my piece of one yard of organic cotton sateen. Width is 56", it has a wonderful feel. I hung it on the design wall and after staring at it I made a print of it and decided to cut it in half and rotate it 180°. Hmmm, much better. I am cutting the backing and batting. In my case a piece of white felt. And this week will begin stitching and adding texture. 

I have been watching Jill Kertulla on Quilting Arts TV and am intrigued by all the texture she puts in pieces. Fascinating. I think I may have met her at Quilt National 2019 but I think she was hard to pin down. and there was a crowded gallery. Not this year's opening for sure. Plans are being laid for a visit in a week or so. Will fill in the details then. My friend Sandy Shelenberger made it in. Yay!










A bit more dramatic than this.



Comments

Popular Posts