A Great Week

I had a great week at  QSDS (Quilt Surface Design Symposium). I took a master class with Judy Hooworth. We had a stimulating conversation everyday about Art and Quilts, Art Quilt Ethics, What is an Art Quilt?, etc. All very thought provoking. Five days flew by and we all hit the wall on the third day with no bus trip to rest us.
Next year will be different. We will be back to the old 2 week schedule in a new location. Columbus College of Art & Design. Proper classrooms and we will be in the dorm with cafeteria food. You can eat as little or as much as you prefer. And it will be a Quilt National year so the bus trip will be great. Yay!
On a sad note my camera's memory card decided to malfunction so all my class pics are caput. Not that I was going to show you my finished product. But let's put it this way. I started with 2 people quilts with a husband and wife on each.  The wife got cut into strips and was layered over the husband. The left over strips were sewn back together and overlays of their faces printed on organza were the top layer. And there you go, it worked and I am resolved to do deconstruction to more things. It really added interest.
And to that end, I signed up for Kerr Grabowski's deconstructed screen printing next year. I can't wait. Pieces Parts!
And to Del, Judy sends you her love.

Comments

  1. Sounds like you are going off in a new direction. Another technique in your arsenal is always good. I'm glad you had a good week. Has your four footed studio assistant forgiven you yet? Thanks for passing on the "Hi!" Del

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad it was a fun and productive week, though sorry to hear about your camera!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts