Where Have eI Been?

 This is not a philosophical question. That would be more of a Where Am I Going type question. 

Actually I was in the hospital for a week battling an infection that started in my foot and soon grew to be systemic. Gave me a real downer of a time. I had no will to do anything but lay in bed but I had to take care of little Daisy.

My new little corgi puppy, 5 month old Daisy. She is a mix of Pembroke (no tail) and Cardigan (tail) Corgi. They are known as American corgis. She has a wonderful tail that annoys her and she has to catch it occasionally. She is staying with my cousin and her 2 pre teen and teen aged daughters, plus their 4 boy dogs whom she is beating up on, including a Great Dane puppy.

Anyway I ended up going to the emergency room, got antibiotics, got hooked back up with my old podiatrist and the wound care center but by then is was a bit too late and I spent a week in the hospital with IV. I now have a central line on my chest so I can do at home infusions 3 times a time. It's not too bad these are easy to do since they are kind of a plug and play thing.

Now it's a matter of healing and bone involvement so I am being put on a list for the hyperbaric chamber protocol. Oh joy, 3 hours out of the day in super saturated oxygen. But if it heals my foot I can do it.

At 75 years of age I don't want to get a prosthetic.

On the good news section, Winter Chores was juried into Ohio+5 exhibition at the Dairy Barn in Athens Ohio. Since Quilt National is hard to get into this may be a good alternative.

Comments

Popular Posts