Patchwork. . .sometimes

Ok, thinking about it I have done patchwork though I would not brag on it, it's not my forte.

I took this photo of me and Max from back in the day and changed it into this. See below. In 2015 I went to Quilt Surface Design Symposium (QSDS) for a master class with Rosalie Dace with various graphic fabrics, an old ripped flag, several old pairs of jeans (Goodwill), a large print of the photo on fabric and my sewing machine. A week later American Dream was pieced together. I bought it home and quilted it on my Sweet Sixteen. It toured Ohio in 2016 as part of Ohio Designer Craftsman Best of 2016 show. It has a copy of Skittles AQHA registration and 2 plastic horses in the pockets.

The tail is made of silk sari strips. My thinking was that every American girl dreams of owning a horse some day. Dream accomplished!

Someone told me they thought I would get in trouble for repurposing the flag. Seems to be a good graphic element to me.


Comments

Popular Posts