Seven Deadly Sins

 After 16 Virtues a friend suggested 16 Vices. That didn't sit well with me, as I focus on positive thoughts, but then I thought about the 7 Deadly Sins I think we learned that in Catholic Grade School. A little research revealed that the 7 Deadly Sins came about in the 600's. It is a list of sins that involve the quest for power.


Hence the gold background which was fun to sew. I thought it would be tough but my thread never broke as most metallic threads tend to do and I enjoyed the slight puckering of the gold material. I may do a bit more hand stitching on the black and white illustrations I took from a clip art book but pretty much done.


The Button Jar Quilt will go to the Best of 2023 show at the Ohio Craft Museum. It has won the $250 Ruth Lantz Textile award. Yay! I love that quilt and I loved doing it. I was having serious health problems at the time I worked on it. After each hospitalization I was eager to get back to working on it. A labor of love.



Comments

Popular Posts