A New Day.

 Paul McCartney playing in the background. . . It's Going To Be A Great Day! And outside it is raining and spitting bits of hail at us! Wait 10 minutes and the sun will shine!


Good news, Button Jar Car was juried into Best of 2023 at the Ohio Craft Museum and won a textile award. Yay! I have loved this piece since I finished it. Hard to think that it started as a 35mm color slide. Finished about 5 and half feet wide with tons of button, beads and silk ribbon embroidery. It got me through a big health crisis. 



Of course my foot still erupts since medicare has made getting my custom shoe inserts a herculean task.

I have been making Pods. Not sure where these are going they are 6" x 4" little pillows of felt or burlap that have fabric scraps, lace, photos, buttons, beads and embroidery. Projects to keep my hands going. Along with daily drawing.


 

Comments

Popular Posts