Parchesi Board


 When I was a kid Parchesi was my favorite game. I probably drove my siblings crazy with Parchesi. I think I was attracted to the grid structure. Indeed I was a graphic designer from the seventies on, decades of grids, And as a keyliner of magazines we lived and died by the grid. Yeah, the grid. 

Now I find myself down to the grid again. My daily practice is drawing, yeah, drawing grids! Go figure, evidently it were my brain travels. But I find it very calming to make a grid with quilting templates and then to fill them in freehand with micron pens. 

I scanned and uploaded one of my grids to Spoonflower and had a batch printed, four of which I made into a Parchesi like structure. I left plenty of blank spaces for stitching or buttons, sequins, beads, whatever you desire. I gave my first batch of pieces of fabric to some friends. I can;t wait to see what happens. 


The new circle grid series of drawing.

Comments

Popular Posts