Moving On

After my self indulgent pout (and post) last week I made some progress on 54 Olds. Got it batted and backed and on the machine with some serious stitching time put into it. 

Machine time is always thinking time. I thought about a very wise teacher who said that when it came down to being an artist the biggest part was showing up and doing the work. This is so true. 

I am my own person with my own voice. As such, I pretty much don't need to have other peoples input anyway. I don't necessarily need to be coddled, cajoled or  pushed into working on pieces. Art is my happy time. I have my own design aesthetic, my color sensibilities and  a plan of attack. 

Now that I have weathered my health issues I seem to have my mojo back. I just need to show up at the sewing machine.

Words to live by.



Comments

Popular Posts