Off the Wall

 Since I am working from my oldest brothers house I am having to work at the dining room table. To see the work as a whole I am laying it on the dining room floor. That invites Miss Daisy to come and sit on it. Silly girl. It is nearing completion. 

And the next piece is coming under consideration. This time I am going to soak the fabric in bubble jet set. I am concerned that any drop of moisture on the quilt causes it to "splotch". I will test the bubble jet set for fastness. I used it 20 years ago on very small pieces, then went to using paper laser prints with lots of gel medium and then graduated to using Spoonflower prints. 

I was having trouble with my computer getting the uploaded pieces to go into the Spoonflower cart so I could order them when I decided to print 8.5 x 11 pieces from my home computer which everyone really liked but ink jets are not waterproof. Onward and upward.

I am awaiting the finishing of my dining room so I can return home with Miss Daisy. This week has been all about the siding. At least I have a roof and the house is water tight.



Comments

Popular Posts