Joe is alive!


 Yep, alive and striped. It's my attempt to keep lines of stitching fairly straight. This is 6 feet long so stitching was done in sections, and sections. And more sections.

















I added silver cord along the edge as a tribute to the guitar strings he must go through. I thought about using actual strings but I don' think they would be long enough and probably wouldn't show up that well.


Detail.


This next week is full of doctor appointments, And we can't forget Quilt National entries. 




Thank God we not bowing to the insanity of "I think I saw that on the internet". When I attended Quilt Surface Design Symposium on a QN entry year there was always the cry of "Don't photograph my work!" I was always happy when someone liked my work enough to want to get a photo. I would tell them please don't post it until QN opens next year. Come to think of it I never did anything so major at QSDS that it got in QN. Huh.


And just for fun Strips. Just bitss of cloth and random stitches and buttons on cloth hung from buckles. I don't know quite what they are other than fun to sew. An example of mindless, fun projects.

Comments

Popular Posts